Sunday, June 10, 2007

is it wrong i still think wine is gross?

its our last weekend here in italy :( i know i have been lacking with posting lately so i will give you a quick recap of my days.. last week we went to the Palatine Museums, right above the Forum, we went out to Ostia Antica and saw the ancient ruins of an early settlement outside of the city, of course we went to some more churches where we saw more Caravaggio paintings and to a beatiful church called the "chandelier church" because of its stunning multiple chandeliers.. Saturday we went out on our own to sketch and we wanted to go back to a certain church Leslie is doing a project over. We ended up getting there right before a wedding so we decided to stay and hide inconspicuously under the side arches.. an italian wedding is very different than an american one but it was beautiful and typically roman catholic.. we went back to the chandelier church where we caught yet another wedding in progress! we didn't stay long but decided to go shopping! i of course came out empty handed besides a swift little pasta cookbook im super excited about! Oh yea i almost got pickpocketed on the Metro but the lady only got my bag half open before i discovered she was trying to rob me! All is accounted for and i survived the scary attack.. well sort of. Last night Cassy cooked for all of us and it was wonderful! I don't know why i haven't made cheese and spinach tortellini myself.. it was definately a treat! Tonight we are having a group dinner and going to keep relaxing the day away which we've been doing since we awoke! Rome was crazy the last 2 days with all the President junk, there were more policemen, sirens, helicopters and riots than you can imagine.. I believe bush is now gone so we can enjoy a last week free of swat teams, i hope.. I have a few more items to get for people so i am hoping i will have good luck shopping.. Tomorrow I talk with my teacher about my final project ideas so I hope she likes them and is willing to let me do the ones i want and shape them around my fields of design and photography.. We only have a few more sights to see and a few more pasta dinners to have but the trip has been life changing and definately stretching and rewarding.. Thats about all for now i will try and post tomorrow or tuesday sometime! Hope you are all well and blessed. Eat some chips and salsa for me until i can taste that exquistie cousine for myself! Love you all and will be seeing you, or talking with you soon! Enjoy your sunday!

Love <3

Ps. I am already starting to miss my friends at Pizza Family and the Internet cafe.... cant i bring them home with me? we know how to communicate now.. we've got the hand signals and the regular orders down.. they are my daily fix of food and the web.. :(

4 comments:

Andrew said...

3 more days :)

Andrew said...

2 more :)

Andrew said...

ein Tag, Liebe!

Andrew said...

youre home! well, at least back in texas.. :) ill see you tomorrow!